We are delighted to invite all food scientists from academia and industry and representatives of national and international agencies, control authorities, governmental and commercial laboratories to attend RAFA 2015.
In line with the concept of previous events, RAFA 2015 will provide an overview of the state-of-the-art on ANALYTICAL & BIOANALYTICAL FOOD QUALITY AND SAFETY CONTROL STRATEGIES and introduce the CHALLENGES FOR NOVEL APPROACHES IN THIS FIELD.The following RECENT & EMERGING ISSUES will be addressed by RAFA 2015:
In addition, the RAFA program will be accompanied by several satellite workshops and seminars:
Workshops on novel analytical strategies (tentative list):
- 3rd European workshop on ambient mass spectrometry in food and natural products
- Workshop on ‘Infrared and Raman spectroscopy, and chemometrics for monitoring of food and feed products, lab-to-the-sample’
Interactive seminar - Be acitve a learn form each other:
- 1st European workshop on the analysis of nanoparticles in food, cosmetics and consumer products
- Workshop on ‘The application of micro / nano systems in food safety control’
- Workshop on ‘Smart data sets processing in food analysis’
Food authorities summit, EU and beyond (tentative list):
- On ‘Sample-prep, separation techniques and mass spectrometric detection in food quality and safety: step by step strategies for fast development of smart analytical methods’
Reference laboratories colloquium (tentative list):
- EC Joint Research Centre (EC-JRC) seminar on research activities and opportunities for collaboration strengthening in the EU (hosted by the Technology Centre ASCR)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) seminar on ‘Food safety issues beyond the EU’
- European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) information platform on emerging food quality / safety issues of high concern
EU framework program seminar (tentative list):
- Workshop on ‘Update of EU approaches to food quality assurance & safety control: experiences of EURLs with the implementation of novel regulative requirements into analytical strategies’
- Tutorial for newcomers on the board of HORIZON 2020, the EU framework Programme for Research and Innovation: a discussion platform mediating networking and joint planning of projects within the Societal challenge ‘Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research’, and the ‘bioeconomy’ (chaired by EC representative and supported by the Czech National Contact Point)
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG SCIENTISTS:
- Vendor seminars introducing recent instrumentation and analytical strategies
- Ample space reserved in the main program for oral presentations given by young researchers
- RAFA 2015 Student and young researcher travel grants
- Award(s) for the best poster presentation(s) by young scientists
You are warmly invited to our exciting scientific program and unforgettable social events!
Looking forward to meeting you again in Prague!
|Prof. Jana Hajslova, conference chair||&||Prof. Michel Nielen, conference co-chair|
For the information on the 7th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Food Analysis, please check regularly the RAFA 2015 website on www.rafa2015.eu or contact us at RAFA2015@vscht.cz.
Registration and call for papers will open at the end of January 2015.
Information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities will be distributed to companies soon.